27 February, 2010
Sweet Wheat DosaPosted in : Breakfast, Dinner, Dosa, Karnataka, Kerala, Low Fat, Quick & Easy, South Indian, Tamil Nadu, Vegetarian on by : sujeesha
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Grated Jaggery – 1/2 cup
salt – 1/4 tsp
Method of preparation:
- Heat the jaggery with a little bit of water till it melts. Filter in a muslin cloth to remove impurities. Let it cool.
- Add the cleaned jaggery and salt to the wheat flour with enough water to make a batter of dosa consistency.
- Heat a tawa. Pour a ladle full of batter starting fron outside and finishing in the middle of the tawa.
- Cook till the sides turn golden and crispy.
- Turn over and cook till done.
- Serve hot.
Variation: Make a filling with grated coconut and some sugar/honey. Place 2 tsp of the filling lengthwise on one corner of the dosa and roll it. While making this dosa with filling reduce the jaggery in the dosa.
Happy cooking 🙂