11 April, 2010
Pineapple PayasamPosted in : Desserts & Sweets, Kerala, Tamil Nadu on by : sujeesha
Ripe pineapple – 2 cups (Remove the skin and chop finely)
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 1 litre
Sabudana / Sago – ½ cup
Coconut milk – ½ cup
Condensed milk – ½ cup (optional)
Raisins / kishmish – ¼ cup
Split cashew nuts – ¼ cup
Cardamom – 5 (crushed)
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
1. Soak sago in 1 cup of water for about 1 hour.
2. Pressure cook pineapple pieces in ¼ cup of water till done.
3. Keep aside 1 cup of milk and heat the remaining milk on a thick bottomed vessel.
4. When milk comes to a boil add the soaked sago and boil till they are well cooked.
5. Add sugar to the boiling mixture and stir till it dissolves and continue to boil till the milk reduces a bit.
6. Add the condensed milk and continue stirring.
7. Meanwhile heat ghee in a small wok and fry cashew nuts and raisins and add to the payasam along with cardamom powder.
8. Now add the cooked pineapple and stir.
9. Once the payasam is well blended add the coconut milk and remove from fire.
10. After 5 minutes add the remaining milk to the payasam and give it a nice stir.
:- this is to maintain the payasam in the same consistency even when cold.
Happy cooking 🙂