20 October, 2017
Perfectly Hard-boiled Egg with Pear and Avocado
This is my Day 1 of my Whole30 journey and I have been feeling upbeat all day. I ended my Whole30-eve binge eating Indian food since it was our biggest festival of the year, Diwali! I wanted to start my Whole30 the day after Diwali and finish right in time for Thanksgiving so i can set myself up for success. I have something to look forward to in the form of Thanksgiving food, though i may not be able to binge the way i do now. Talk about planning skills. 😉
I was off to a great start with a wholesome breakfast. I had a glass of water as soon as I woke up and made myself this hard-boiled egg and enjoyed it with a pear and half an avocado. Great fuel to my engine.
A perfect hard-boiled egg must not have any gray-green ring around the yolk, worse yet when the whole yolk turns gray. Yuck!
This convenient source of protein must have a beautifully creamy yolk with a tender white.
This fool-proof recipe to make hard-boiled egg within minutes is my go-to morning breakfast almost everyday.
Whether you make one eff or 10 eggs the time is exactly the same. So if you wanna hard-boil some eggs in advance and refrigerate them for rest of the week, feel free. Just make sure to store them shell-on.
Personally, i prefer freshly boiled eggs. Here you go, try it out yourself…
How to Hard-boiled Egg?
By October 20, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 egg (1 Servings)
- Prep: 2 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
This is my Day 1 of my Whole30 journey and I have been feeling upbeat all day. I ended my Whole30-eve binge eating Indian food since …
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Small Saucepan with lid
- Water to boil
- 2 pinches Paprika/red chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil. :- Take enough water for the egg to immerse in
- Reduce heat and using a slotted spoon, place the egg slowly at the bottom of the pot.
- Cover the pot and turn off the stove. Keep covered for 8 minutes.
- Carefully discard water and remove egg to a paper towel and let it cool down for a couple of minutes. :- You can also place the egg in cold water to speed up the process.
- When ready to eat, wrap the egg in a paper towel and knock it once, with a little force on the counter. Shell with crack all around the egg in unison and you'll be able to peel in one swipe. 🙂
- Cut in half. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper and serve with a fruit and half an avocado for a wholesome breakfast!