This is my favorite power-breakfast smoothie that can be made in a jiffy and is quite filling. It is also a fantastic post-workout protein shake.
I buy fresh berries and freeze them after washing them well. I also chop up ripe bananas and freeze in ziplock bags. This way I don’t have to add ice cubes that waters down my smoothie.
Power-breakfast smoothie with berries and banana Recipe
By April 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
This is my favorite power-breakfast smoothie that can be made in a jiffy and is quite filling. It is also a fantastic post-workout …
- 1/2 cup Frozen mixed berries strawberries, black berries, blue berries, rasp berries
- 1/2 Ripe banana frozen/fresh
- 1 tbsp Cranberries
- 2 Pitted dates chopped
- 2 Dried apricot chopped
- 2 tbsp Protein powder
- 2 cups Milk
- Add all above ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth with 1 cup of milk first.
- Once smooth add the remaining milk and blend.
- Since we are using frozen fruits there is no need to add ice cubes.
- Serve immediately in a tall glass. Happy cooking 🙂