27 February, 2010
Lemon Rice 1Posted in : Karnataka, Kerala, Quick & Easy, Rice, Tamil Nadu on by : sujeesha
Pre-cooked rice – 4 cups
Lemon juice – 1/2 cup
Green chilies – 2 (slit and halved)
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Coriander leaves – handful (roughly chopped)
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Method of preparation:
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the mustard seeds. Once they splutter add the urad dhal and asafoetida.
- Add the green chilies and curry leaves and saute till bubbles appear on the chilies.
- Now add lemon juice and turmeric and salt to taste.
- Saute for a minute and add the pre-cooked rice.
- Add the coriander leaves and mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot with stir-fry veggies or just papad.
Happy cooking 🙂