4 May, 2013
Kalakand made with ricotta cheese
By May 4, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1/4 tray (10 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
I LAAAV Kalakand which is a Bengali sweet which takes Hours to prepare if we follow traditional method. So, I found a shortcut to make it work for my fast-paced life. My version is made with ricotta cheese and is super tasty. Since it can be prepared in about 20 minutes including prep time, I make it quite often to feed my sweet cravings. Here goes my version and I'm sure you are gonna love it!
- 1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed milk
- 1 15 oz tub Ricotta cheese
- 2 pinches Cardamom powder
- 10 Pistachios unsalted/crushed
- Ghee/clarified butter enough to grease a tray
- In a deep microwaveable container (glass or porcelain) combine ricotta cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Add cardamom powder.
- Microwave on high for about 15-20 minutes. (cooking time varies from microwave to microwave)
- Stir mixture every time it boils up. (roughly every minute)
- When mixture turns grainy mix every 40 seconds.
- When color changes a lil bit from white, its done.
- Spread onto a greased tray (greased with ghee/clarified butter).
- Top with crushed pistachios and let cool. Cut into squares.
- Once cool refrigerate for about an hour or until serving time. Happy cooking 🙂