23 October, 2017
Cauliflower Rice – Egg Fried Rice
Alright, I can’t believe i’m saying this. But friends, Cauliflower “rice” is mind-blowing. This fried rice tasted absolutely delicious and my coworker who tasted it couldn’t tell it wasn’t rice.
I just started my Whole30 cleanse and I was pretty skeptical to substitute my beloved rice with cauliflower, but i’m Sold!
I had come home for lunch and i whipped this up in exactly 10 minutes, from scratch.
Let your imagination run wild and try out different combinations. Use cauliflower in place of rice and make whatever dish you want to make, sky is the limit.
Cauliflower Rice - Egg Fried Rice
By October 23, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 cups (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
Alright, I can't believe i'm saying this. But friends, Cauliflower "rice" is mind-blowing. This fried rice tasted absolutely delicious …
- 1/2 head Cauliflower grated or pulsed in food processor until it resembles rice
- 2 stalks Green onions Chop and keep green and while parts separate
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds Optional
- 2 pinches Paprika
- 2 pinches Turmeric powder Optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee on medium heat in a skillet.
- Throw in cumin seeds.
- Add dry red chilies and saute for a second.
- Throw in white part of green onion and saute for a few seconds.
- Dump grated cauliflower into the skillet.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder and mix well to combine. :- DO NOT add too much, a couple of pinches goes a long way when it comes to turmeric. Too much will make any dish bitter.
- Serve hot with your choice of protein, mine being Tandoori chicken as you can see in the picture. 🙂
- Combine eggs with cauliflower and sprinkle some paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to make sure there is no more moisture left from water. Push cauliflower to the side and break eggs into the skillet. Fry till the eggs are scrambled, about a minute.
- Throw in green onion and mix to combine.